Tuesday, August 12, 2008

new show and a bit of inspiration

First things first, I have another show on Friday at Knee Deep Vintage. Check it out:



Secondly, I went to the MCA today since I didn't have work for once and Tuesdays are free. They had a large body of Bruce Nauman's work. I've always liked him but I didn't know too much about him and I'd never seen such a large collection of his various pieces before. They had quotes from him on the wall and I wrote two down:

"I think the point where language starts to break down as a useful tool for communication is the same edge where poetry or art occurs...if you only deal with what is known, you'll have redundancy; on the other hand, if you only deal with the unknown, you cannot communicate at all. There is always some combination of the two, and it is how they touch each other that makes communication interesting."

"In the end I think that most of my work...[is about] why anybody continues to make art. It's always interested me how one does any work in the studio at all, what it's supposed to be about, how you get things started or make any sense of the process, Even though the work is coming from somewhere inside, you can't put your finger on the source and it never happens twice the same way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home